Just like potato salad isn’t just for summer, potato salad isn’t just for those who eat dairy! Amie Valpone‘s beautiful Vegan Arugula Potato Salad is the perfect combination of hearty creaminess and fresh, light ingredients that make this a guilt-free option. We think it’s kind of perfect, and we think you will, too!
For even more intensely delicious recipes that are sure to please your holiday guests, check out Amie’s wonderful new eBook, “The Healthy Apple’s Holiday Cookbook: 80 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Peanut-Free Recipes Including Grain-Free/Paleo Desserts.“
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 3 small McIntosh apples, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. So Delicious® Dairy Free Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cubed
- 4 oz. fresh arugula
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place cashews on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then finely chop. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine apples, balsamic vinegar, yogurt, salt, pepper, olive oil and toasted cashews; mix well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil; add potatoes; cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine arugula and cubed potatoes in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with yogurt dressing; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!