Health Benefits of Low Glycemic Foods
Low glycemic diets have been proven useful in preventing and controlling diabetes and other insulin-related disorders. Here are some of the advantages of a low glycemic diet.
- In both diabetics and healthy individuals, low glycemic foods and diets significantly reduce serum cholesterol and certain types of cancer.
- Glycemic load has proven to be related to the incidence of type 2 diabetes.
- Low glycemic diets have been shown to reduce risk of type 2 diabetes by over 40%.
- Risk of type 2 diabetes is highest in persons ingesting food with high glycemic loads.
- Adding exercise to a low glycemic diet further reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes by 58%.